CONSULAR SERVICES OFFERED BY THE MISSION
- Giving general information and advice on Pakistan immigration matters.
- Processing of applications for new and lost Pakistan passports.
- Issuing of visas to prospective visitors to Pakistan.
- Registration of births of Pakistanis in the region.
- Issuance of Emergency Travel documents.
- Intervening in case of arrest of Pakistanis.
- Repatriation of Pakistanis in distress.
- Legal assistance to Pakistanis
- Certificates of Identity.
INFORMATION FOR PAKISTANI COMMUNITY IN NAIROBI
The Government of Pakistan has extended facilities and services for Pakistani communities. National Identity Cards for Overseas Paskistanis (NICOP) is issued to Pakistani nationals residing abroad, as a substitute for National Identity Card (NIC). It is issued with a validity of 10 years.
BENEFITS OF NICOP:
- Visa free entry into Pakistan for dual nationality holders, when travelling on a foreign passport.
- Substitute for the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- Full recognition as a regular Pakistani citizen
- Protection rights that all Pakistanis enjoy
- Can apply for Machine Readable Passport
- Permission to buy and sell property
- Cast vote as a Pakistani national
- Open bank account in Pakistan
- Proof of Pakistan citizenship
Pakistani citizens are entitled to some duty free goods when they return to Pakistan, depending on length of stay abroad and amount of foreign exchange emitted. Under transfer of residence, they can also take second-hand cars without duty discounts. These facilities are also extended to Pakistanis citizens with dual nationality as well as a foreign national with Pakistan Origin Card.
Copyright © 2012 Pakistan High Commission Nairobi. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Lazy Web Designs